Monday, May 21, 2007

Week 3: Finding Information

RSS Feeds:
For the RSS feeds I subscribed to Double-Tongued Dictionary Entries, Dictionary.com Word of the Day, Billboards, Library Leader, Technology @ OCLS, and others. All of the topics are interesting.

Grokker:
For the Grokker I searched colleges and the map view was weird at first, but then I realized that it was helpful because it broke colleges down to categories; if you clicked on a category you could see that there were subcategories within the categories. (Talk about a visual aid). I also realized that most of the links were linked to Wikipedia. (Although Wikipedia may seem professional my college professor who has his PHD told me to not trust Wikipedia because any one can edit the data.)

Learning Style Preference:
I am glad to see that we kind of discuss Howard Gardner and his theory of Multiple Intelligences. I can say that I have more than one learning style. According to Howard Gardner I am a bodily-kinesthetic, intrapersonal, and linguistic learner. I learn when I use more of my 5 senses. (As a future educator, I learned this in one of my education classes that this was true.)

Is Learn 2.0 Working:
Learn 2.0 is working for me because I can hear, see, and actually complete a mini exercise just like in my computer classes I teach. I know that two students may have different learning styles and by implementing auditory, visual, and kinesthetic the learner is getting the information three times making it more likely for the students to retain the information for future use.

No comments: